Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Back to the cold!!

Two weeks ago I caught a bad flu. I kept on working, although I had up to 39 Celsius (102F), and I had to travel to Milan for some business meetings, and then back to Lyon. By the end of the week I was exhausted, looking and feeling like crap.
KS was pretty worn out as well, since he had been working quite hard, so we took a week off, bought a last minute plane ticket and went to Morocco.
We spent a week in the sun, visiting Marrakesh and its surroundings, spending a day in the desert, and also relaxing by the hotel swimming-pool. The weather was great, sunny and definitely warm (almost too warm to go around at noon), and we could finally spend some quality time together: although we have been together for one year and a half, this was our first vacation together!!

After relaxing and sun tanning, we came back to a stormy, snowy and very cold France. On Easter I took a train to go visit the Parents, and it took me 9 hours to get there (it normally takes about 5 hours and a half).
It was still nice to see them, to spend Easter with the family and so on, plus the Sponsor and I have settled the last details for our haute route from Chamonix to Zermatt (since we won’t meet before April 5, the day we have rendez-vous in Chamonix).
Since it’s been snowing a lot in the last few days, it’s sure we’ll have enough snow on our path, and although it’s gonna be tough, I’m really looking forward to it.
The other side of the whole thing is I still have to train, so today instead of having lunch I went running. The park was snowy, it was awfully cold to run, even the male lion looked sad with his hair wet. But I still ran 6 miles and a half (10.5km), and I was honestly proud of myself. Plus, since this week work should be pretty slow, I’ll probably manage to train as much as I want!

No comments: