Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hoping the sun will at least look at me

They sent me out of the city for a new project, and although it’s not far, I have one hour and a half of commute each morning (1 hour at night to come back, because at the time we come home there is no traffic left, since it’s LATE…).
This means it’s pretty hard to hit the gym in the morning: it opens at 7AM (in Italy it’s almost impossible to find a gym that opens earlier), and I have to be ready and moving by 8, which barely allows me to run on the mill for half an hour, do some abs and take a quick shower. Better than nothing, I suppose.
I AM indeed back to my “eating healthy” habits, but I am NOT managing to diet. I just wish to lose a few more pounds… But I am aware that, once I’ll be there, I’ll want to lose a few more! It wouldn’t hurt, though.

I’m in the rut, and what’s worst one of my best friend (my best buddy within the Tuscan Crew) is moving away from the city, he’s already gone for six weeks due to his parents’ health issues, and I miss him a lot… Luckily my girl friends are always there to hang out!!!

KS had a job interview today, here in the city, and apparently it went well! Things are going well between us lately, and we spent the last few days together and had some excellent quality time, which was amazing, after all we’ve been through over the summer.
I know there were moments I wanted to throw myself in the arms of somebody else, but now I am happy I held on to what we have. I know this is cheesy and there is still a long way ahead, but I’m also proud I did not choose the easy way.

Through all this, I still miss my dreamy summer. Badly. I wanna hang out with Kissy and Lou, I wanna spend my days working out hard core, diving in waterfalls, wanna spend my nights hanging out with them, over drinks, laughing at them while they check out girls, stumbling on my way home after the last screw driver.
I hope Xmas break comes soon!

*Seeing the sun when I can’t really see, hoping the sun will at least look at me…*

5 comments:

mum said...

Glad to hear things are progressing nicely for you and KS. Hadn't heard about him in a while. We all go through ruts. Just try to stay focused and be with people you enjoy. That always helps me. Blessings. mum

DDgirl said...

Thank-you for your nice words mum!
I always appreciate your comments!
Take care

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you really hate your job. Seems like only bad things to say about it.

KattaZac said...

My dear lady, we're in Italy, if it were a decision of the gym trainers they would open after lunchtime, hehehehe :D Nevermind, you already look fit to me and as long as your moods are high then it's ok :) forget this damn autumn! let's hang out together!

DDgirl said...

well I wouldn't say I hate my job. I explained in the past that the bad thing is it drains you. working 16 hours straight on excel would probably drain even the Lord. There are good things about my job, this is just that autumn phase I'm a bit negative about things...

@Kat: let's do it already!