Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Voices from the past

It seems all kind of memories from the past get back in my life this week.

Okay guys, you’re never going to believe this: Tomorrow I’ll see NICOLA.
He’ll be in town and he’s gonna crash on my couch for the night because he needs to be in town on Friday as well.

So he called me yesterday (and it was pretty out of the blue), asking me if we could have dinner together tomorrow night, and of course I said yes and I inquired about where he would sleep and ended offering my couch.

Just to make things clear, I’m totally happy to get to see him, it’s been four years since we last met!! And to make things even clearer, I offered to give Polish chick (who knows him from back in the nineties, but haven’t met him in like, 10 years!) a call to ask her to join us for the evening, and he said it would be great to catch up with her as well.
Just so that everybody (Nicola included) knows that this is no date or something!


Yet, I somehow freak out. Because I’ve changed so much, and he didn’t. He’s still in the same place he was 10 years ago: working temporary jobs here and there around the world, never sticking too long in a place. Which is totally okay, because it’s how he wants to live. While I have grown up. Most of all, I moved on, because I didn’t have any other option.

Whatever! I can’t wait to hear about Nicola’s latest crazy tricks!!!!

3 comments:

KattaZac said...

make it 11 or 12 years... :-P Time runs fast!

anyway I'm curious to see how he looks like and hear what he is up to :)

gotta fix some mess here at work and I'll dress up properly for the night ^^

kisses

KattaZac said...

ok, maths is still a mystery to me... it is indeed ten years ago that we and Nicola met the first time... whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you love me nonetheless, don't ya? ;)

DDgirl said...

I sure do! (to quote Gossip Girl:
YOU KNOW YOU LOVE ME!!)
XoXo