Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The French Flagellum

Finally, I’m back. I’ve been on holiday, and it was great: Crete, where I had never been before, was sunny and warm, with miles of beach and no one as far as the eye could see. I spent one week going to sleep early at night, taking morning walks, and laying in sun (with sunscreen protection all over!!) all day long.

Then I got back to Italy for a few days with my parents, and that’s where things begun to go back to normal.
Firstly, I went to see my dentist in order to have a check-up and a deep cleansing of my yellowish teeth. The guy, who’s been a family friend like, forever, told me I needed to have both my upper wisdom teeth removed.
Needless to say, I panicked a bit, so when he asked me when I would be in Italy, in order to make an appointment, I babbled “I don’t know exactly, you see, I have the new job and everything…” and so on.
I was still trying to find a way out of this situation when he turned handling a syringe.
“Look DDgirl, after all I have another 20 minutes without any client coming, so I can deal with it right now”
And before I had the time to scream NOOOOOOO, it was done.

So that’s how I came back to KS after 10 days of holidays looking like a deformed pig!

Anyway, things with KS went on as always (meaning: we’re in love, all TLC and so on), until his parents came the day we were finally moving.
We had been painting the walls and the ceiling of the living room all Friday long, and, for once, we had managed to do a good job. On Saturday morning we started moving the furniture and all our stuffs, expecting for KS parents to show up to help us, as agreed.
When they arrived it was 5PM and I was exhausted, dirty and nervous: my teeth still ached a lot, and our things felt so heavy!!!
KS was at the new flat, while I was packing a few last things at the old one, so it was only one hour later I discovered that, instead of helping us carrying stuff, KS father was putting on some more plaster on the walls and the ceiling. Like, the walls & ceiling I had been painting all day long, just 24 hours before.

I did note scream at him. I did not throw anything at him, either. But he must have seen the storm in my eyes.
That’s why, from this moment on, KS’ dad, aka my father in law, will be known as “The French Flagellum”.
Stay tuned to read about my revenge!!

2 comments:

DDgirl said...

Hello everyone,

sorry about delaying for so long, but I AM finally back.

AND, I have plenty of things to talk about, like, as anticipated, my revenge on the French Flagellum, not to talk about the new job.

I'll post ASAP, I promise!

Take care

DDgirl

Anonymous said...

Yeah you are back...
Just one question, did I miss the post in which you and KS got married?

How is the French Flagellum your father in law?

-Delia