Friday, June 01, 2007

Revenge on the French Flagellum

After ruining all of my painting and cleaning, the French Flagellum and his wife (aka my in-laws) spent the night at our old flat, in order to go to buy some wine in the region on the following day.
So I spent the rest of Saturday night not talking, eating my pizza and sending KS body messages about how angry I was, until they left saying they would arrive on the morning after at 9AM.

The fact that at 7:45AM on Sunday morning they were already downstairs at our new flat didn’t help either: we were still sleeping and everything, so I grabbed jeans and sweater and unpacked the coffee machine. And then I started to wonder what the hell where they doing, as we live on the 4th floor, it couldn’t take that long.
And that is when they called on KS’ mob phone, saying they were stuck in the elevator and crying for help.

Instead of dancing, I decided to go to the bakery to buy some croissants and everything for breakfast. When I came back, they were still stuck, but the elevator guy had arrived. I tried to persuade him to leave them inside there a little longer than needed, but he said it was illegal.
Still, it wasn’t before some 3 quarters of an hour they managed to get out, and by that time most of the French Flagellum’s bravado was gone, I was thanked for having organized a nice breakfast and we managed to spend a decent day without stepping on each others’ feet.

Now I’m not enthusiastic to know KS and I are going to visit them at their place on next weekend, but hopefully it’ll be sunny and I’ll spend the whole we lying in sun by the swimming-pool.

And, before that, I’ll have to tell you about my new colleagues! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

DDgirl said...

Morning everyone,

hope you're having a nice day!

Delia, to answer to your question, no, we're not married, but yes, the French Flagellum IS KS' father.
Probably calling his parents "in laws" is a bit weird, but that's what they do down here (plus it's easier).

Enjoy your weekeng!!

DDgirl