Monday, December 10, 2007

Paris, brand new eyes

It’s been almost two weeks since I last wrote, I know. Not much happened, and at the same time I suffer more and more from my limping, which causes little going out, little glamour life, and little interesting things to tell!

Anyway, tomorrow morning I’m going to Paris for a few days. Now Paris, as most of big cities, is even more beautiful before Christmas, and Kevin and D (another friend from the Paris office) promised to take me out at night, so I won’t suffer of loneliness ;-)
Of course I am already thinking about the outfits I’ll bring with me: working and partying in Paris both need high profile clothes. I’ll surely leave wearing my white cashmere/fake fur coat, and beige suede 4 inch heels boots. And then, I guess I’ll have a few skirt tailleurs for the day, and a jean and a black mini for nights, with two tops. Et voilà, the bag is ready!
If only I could ditch work for the rest of the afternoon and go to the hairdresser!

I know, you think I’m making too much of a big deal. It’s not like I have any expectation besides sharing a drink with friends. It’s more about me always feeling out of place in Paris. As much as in most of places people notice me (well, men do), in Paris I’m just a chick like many others, unless I really do my best.
In Paris, somehow, it’s more about elegance and coolness than about beauty.
In Paris, I still feel the nerd I was in tenth grade. The nerd that, deep under the surface, still lives in me!
The nerd that will wear horrible glasses.

Yes, I am a contact lenses addict, I wear them when I wake up and throw them away when I go to bed at night. This has been going on since I was 13 and I first tried them, and I never wear glasses anymore, because I cannot see very well with them, and they make me look horrible.
Anyway, this will soon be over: on Friday I’ll have both my eyes operated, and by Saturday morning my myopia will be gone. Over. Finito. I’ll finally throw away glasses, lenses and everything. The only downside (besides the 3,000 Euros I’ll have to pay for it) is that between Tuesday night and the operation I cannot wear lenses, so I’ll have to hang around wearing my nerdy glasses. Poor me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your eyes!

Anonymous said...

Paris? oh how lucky!!!!