Monday, December 17, 2007

Rockin' Paris

Last Friday I got both my eyes operated, and now, glasses and contact lenses are gone, forever out of my life. I almost can’t believe it myself, but every morning I wake up and actually see the world, for the first time in a long time.
The operation was really painful, and halfway through it I thought I was not going to be able to resist ‘till the end, but I did and it was worth it!
I started wearing glasses at 10. At 12, almost 13, I switched to contacts, and practically never wore glasses unless at home in bed to read, until now. So I have been wearing contacts every single day over the last 12 years, and now I’m only afraid if I get tipsy at night I might try to take off unexisting contacts before going to bed (this would actually be very bad, since I must not touch my eyes for a few more days to allow full recovery). Seen from the outside, I have no signs, no scars, I just look normal. Wow!

Anyway, I’m in Paris again, and people, no depressions allowed this time, I’m going to ROCK! Tonight Kevin and D are taking me to some trendy club to dance, and I can’t stop listening to Timbaland’s “The way I are”.. I know, it’s almost too old this song, but France comes always a bit later if compared to the US about music… plus they made an hybrid version, with a French female singer and it’s waaaayyyy more dirty!! And okay, I am a nerd about dancing on this kind of tunes! And, although I’m more a kind of solo dancer, I remember how it is to dance with Kevin: spinning, spinning, and having half of the people look at the two of us! D and his girlfriend are also known to be good dancers, so I bet tonight will be good fun!
The only “stain” is that I cannot wear make up for a few more days and especially mascara is forbidden… Well I guess at least I’ll be able to throw myself into bed as soon as I step into my room instead of having to spend 15 minutes trying to wipe off all the staff on my eyes!!

I have to be ready in 20 minutes, the guys are picking me up at my hotel! I’m wearing 10 inch suede boots, a wrinkled black mini and my fave satin button down shirt (plus my beloved white coat)… Hope you too are having fun!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, DD!

KISSES,

Minty Rose

DDgirl said...

thanx ;-*