Monday, November 02, 2009

Still the one

Soooooooo,…
…yesterday KS and I had our third anniversary.
3 years and we’re still on, and it seems hard to believe, but right now that’s what it’s like. And I’ll tell you, we’re way more solid as a couple than we were a couple of months ago.

Do I think we’re a perfect couple? I don’t. We still have a lot to work on, especially on my side. But, so far we’re still on, and that’s what matters.

Right now, our main (shared) issue, is money. We’re not poor nor broke, granted, but:

1- Last year we had one mortgage to pay, this year we have the same mortgage PLUS my rent (which is almost as expensive as the mortgage we have in France)
2- KS made half of the salary he made last year (to be honest, a little less than half). Okay, last year he made an outrageous sum of money, but it still sucks for him;
3- As for myself, this year I’m making some 3k Euros less than last year, which I guess is okay
4- However, since French tax is paid on Y+1, while Italian tax is taken directly from your salary, this year I suffer a double-income tax. Basically I’m paying something like 12k Euros of income tax (not to mention social charges, about 5k Euros).

So yeah, right now what feels hard to us is the crisis. Well, thanks to my corporate mobile phone generous account, I’m saving about 600 Euros of phone bill per year.

So hopefully KS will be able to move in with me next year, so we’ll cut off expenses! Still, I shall prepare myself: if KS won’t be able to move (read: if he doesn’t find a job in Italy), I shall think about finding a cheaper place. And I HATE the idea of moving AGAIN!!

In the meanwhile, I’ll just enjoy my boyfriend and spend as much quality time with him as I can!!

1 comment:

KattaZac said...

The last sentence is the one :)
I wish you all the best, as always ^o^