Monday, January 07, 2008

New Year's thoughts

When I left KS to go home to see my parents for Xmas, I didn’t know it would be a 12 hours journey. I had no clue I would travel in overcrowded trains, wait for hours in freezing cold stations for trains that had been cancelled. Seriously, 12 hours to do 600km? I could have flown to the USA in that time.
Anyway, I finally made it, and when I finally arrived I found out that the Panther had a bad flu, so I practically was in charge of the Christmas lunch (and I adored it!!).

The Sponsor took me some blood to make blood tests after Xmas, and as a result I am now on a no-fat diet: my cholesterol turned out to be pretty high, so no more desserts for me :-(

As soon as I came back to France, I got flu myself. I hardly managed to cook New Year’s Eve dinner (we had about 20 people), and then went to bed while everyone else was partying… sigh!

But between Xmas and New Years Eve, I went skiing for a couple days, and it was great! I did some mountaineering ski and some freeride, and I really did enjoy (bonus for Dad joining me for a mountaineering ski one day!!!)

In other news, the Parents are both applying strong pressure for me to go back to Italy on permanent basis. It is true I don’t manage to go home often anymore and everything, and I knew this would come sooner or later… And I have no clue about how I’ll deal with KS about this…

“Oh how I wish for soothing rain, all I wish is to dream again. My loving heart, lost in the dark, for hope I’d give my everything!”

2 comments:

Just Dreamin' said...

I just started reading your blog. I love it! I stayed in France for about a month and I loved it! I wish I could go back! I am in the US.

Great blog! Keep it up!

DDgirl said...

thanx!