Monday, January 14, 2008

Diet!!!

Last week, after going to a fried’s place for a conspicuous dinner, I stared at my own reflection in the mirror. I turned to see my profile, and it looked as if I was pregnant. Although I haven’t really put on extra-weight, I realize I have lost a lot of muscles, while I have gained a lot of belly and ass fat.

And, the company’s seminary, with SPA and swimming pool, is in two weeks, so I have finally started a salad and fruit diet. I know it’s extreme, but I also include a lot of home-made soups, and I’m only doing it for two weeks, so it’ll do.
What’s much more important is that I still cannot run, and I can hardly walk for more than 5 minutes, due to my Achill tendon which is ragged. This has been going on for 5 months now, and the consequent lack of running is the main cause of my body transformation. So I guess I need to stop being lazy, hitting the gym twice a week is evidently not enough, I need to go back to swimming 1,5 mile two-three times a week, and I need to do it urgently.
The only lucky thing is that I can ski without any problem: apparently ski boots are enough to sustain my ankle without forcing the tendon.

On Saturday morning we totally hit the sales, looking for suits, jeans and shirts for KS… I’m probably the only girl around here who didn’t buy a single thing for herself during the winter sales!!
The best thing of the week was that we went skiing on Sunday (yesterday). It has snowed all over last week, while yesterday it was sunny, and we really had a great day, going for some freeride in the woods (the only way to avoid risking an avalanche those days..) in the morning, and moving to regular slopes in the afternoon.
I know, I’m such a ski-addicted… Then again, when you grow up in the middle of the Alps like I did, I guess it gets under your skin, it’s something you cannot live without.
However, the loss of muscles I experienced deeply affects my skiing. As much as freeriding in the morning was okay, it was partly because KS isn’t used to it, so we took things easily. Besides, over the afternoon I grew more and more tired, in the end skiing not half as well as I could. Even worse, this morning I ache all over!!!!
So I cancelled lunch with Maria, my friend, to hit the gym.

Tomorrow night I’ll leave to go to Bretagne, for a three days job, and next weekend KS will be out of town.
Now this means Maria and I will totally hit the clubs, dance and so on…. Can’t wait for the weekend!!!!

No comments: