Sunday, January 20, 2008

Not-so-girlie weekend

KS being out of town for the weekend, Maria and I had planned a great girls weekend: Saturday night at a classy wine bar and then dancing at ou favourite bar, sunday at noon meeting for the books market by the river, and, to end with some relax, an aftrnnon at the hammam followed by coffee at the nearby Starbucks.
This would have allowed us to have fun on Saturday night and to gossip on Sunday afternoon (and to discuss Maria eventual Saturday night crush).

That's why yesterday night at seven o'clock I was slapping on some mascara while my thoughts were fully concentrated on an important matter: was I going to wear my new 5inch tan leather boots, or the old 4inch black suede ones? As you all girls understand, the issue was pretty serious.
While making up my mind, however, my cell phone rang, and the display spelled Maria. Frowning I picked up: I wasn't even late!
Turned out, Maria was very very sick and asked me to take her to the hospital.
So I wore my tennis shoes (sniff), grab KS car keys and headed out calling KS to know where he had parked the car.
We made it to the hospital, and it turned out she had a stomach infection like, apparently, half of the city has in these days. The doc was kind and everything, gave her some pills and a prescription, andtold us she could go home for the night, so I took her back, prepared some veryvery light dinner, a tea for rehydratation, made sure she was going to be okay and left after her roommate got home.
When I got home it was around 1AM, I wiped off my make-up, made a mental note to cancel our hammam reservation and went straight to bed.

It was probably the weirdest girls night I ever had.

The good news is that I hit the gym yesterday and went running today for the first time since I ad my tendon accident. And I somehow managed to run 45 minutes, which usually corresponds (at my page) to 8km. Not great, but after 5 months without running or walking, not so bad even.
Now I'm pretty sore everywhere (that was another reason to go to the hammam: get a massage!!), so in order to forget pain I'll head to te books market on my own, I guess..

Oh, I have also some tentative plans for the spring, but I'll tell you next time...

No comments: