Friday, April 04, 2008

Believe in yourself

I’m so tense I almost ache.
Yesterday night, while KS, Maria and I were hanging out at our place, the Sponsor called me to inform me that our Haute Route has been anticipated. I am leaving tonight for Switzerland, and I’ll catch up with the others tomorrow morning at the first hour.
The reason of all this mess is that weather forecasts announce a great day for tomorrow, while snow and rain are expected for the rest of the week, so we decided to take advantage of sunny tomorrow and progress as much as possible (the goal is to make day 1 and day 2 path all in one day).

I know I have trained constantly; I have been running a good deal and everything. But I am stressed out, I’m afraid I may fail, I’m afraid I might be too weak. ARGH!!!!!
This is worst then when I used to do running competitions as a teenager.

Furthermore, I had not prepared my things, so I had to do a washing machine in a rush yesterday night, find a place to sleep in Switzerland for tonight, and I still have to manage to leave work unnoticed around 4PM tonight to go rescue my backpack and hop on the train.

Okay I can do it. I’ll put on some relaxing-self confident booster music like Enya, plan out the slightest detail and deal with the whole thing.

I’ll be back posting next Thursday, unless I miserably fail, iun this case I might post sooner.
But I won’t fail.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well. You are a busy gal for sure.

Am wondering you mentioned "yesterday night" and we say "last night". Is that really the grammar where your from? Just curious!!

DDgirl said...

LOL, you guys make me laugh.
I'm obviously not a native English speaker, and since I switch between three languages all day long, I obviously end up mixing them and making mistakes.

But seriously, where you live do you say "where your from" or maybe something like "where YOU'RE from"?

Anyway, forgive my mistakes and my mispellings... don't forget it's not my native manguage and I don't live in an English speaking country!