Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Not so sexy...



This morning I was thinking about all those kind of things that I’d never reveal about myself in the early stage of a relationship…

1) I have a leg which is longer than the other. It’s less than one centimetre, and it’s due to an accident I had (I broke a tibia in a few points when I was 6, and spent 100 days with a plaster..). You cannot really see it unless you pay a great attention to my knees when I walk (one bends slightly more than the other.
2) I seem to have permanent backache (at least when I work, which means always). This is mainly a consequence of point 1.
3) The reason I love to wear trendy, high heeled boots in winter is that I wear wool ski-socks to warm my permanently cold feet, and boots are the only way to hide them. Of course, when I’m wearing a nice skirt and, as soon as I get home I kick off my boots and reveal knee-high wool socks, it’s a bit unsexy.
4) Since I run a lot, ski 6 months a year (and used to climb a lot also), my feet always have some blisters or a black toenail.
5) When I’m sleepy and tired, I feel like scratching my head. Of course I try to avoid doing it in public, but if I’m working late at night and you see me passing a hand through my hair, it means I need some sleep. Badly.

Those are pics I took on the first day of my mountaineering ski tour, three weeks ago…











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I'm a long distance runner too. Have you tried covering your feet in vaseline before you put on socks? It completely prevents blisters when you run.

DDgirl said...

Yeah, vaseline is not bad, but you cannot use it when you go skiing!!!
I'm also a bit lazy about using vaseline or oil, because I run during my noon break at work, so I don't like carrying along tons of products (i already need shampoo and conditioner to take my shower before stepping back to my desk, so...)

;-)