Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Overheard

It’s been snowing AGAIN (like, hello? It’s March), and since avalanche risk was too high, I didn’t even go skiing. Okay, it’s probably the first non-skiing weekend in 2010, but still… it sucks! At least I managed to go running with the Sponsor on Saturday, and we ran 10km (6 miles, partly uphill), so that’s a good thing.
Since the beginning of the year, I’ve run more or less 200km (125 miles more or less). How can I possibly be gaining belly fat? The only truth is: I eat like a pig. True, I eat healthy food, but… I just eat too much, and often I eat carbs late at night (hello, overworked DDgirl!). Whatever. I need to stop stuffing my face with bread.
The RUT is here, but aknowledging it is the first step for fighting it. Well, it seems it's gonna be snowing again starting tonight, and that won't help.

On to next subject.

I overheard the parents, a couple of days ago. I didn’t really mean to, they thought I was sleeping and I was just kind of dozing, and I realized they were talking about me.

Panther: “Why can’t she find someone as good as B? B was better for her. Even I liked B.”
Sponsor: “True. B was great, they made a great couple”
P: “So how come she’s with KS now?”
S: “KS may be Mr. Good Enough, he may not be good enough for you, but she’s doing fine.”
P: “She’d be as fine on her own”
S: “Maybe. And maybe not. At least she’s not after B.”
P: “Why would she?”
S: “You’ve never seen when they meet, since he dumped her. She aches badly, when she sees him. And Weird Wife, who keeps talking to him, so DDgirl has to say hello and be civil as well, that drives me nuts. You should have seen last summer, the day she got her frostbites, you would have thought she was already in pain, right? And then we crossed B and his wife. And DDgirl, all of a sudden, she shrink, she didn’t even look them in the eyes. It was like watching someone who gets kicked in their head and don’t react.”

P: “…”

S: “I reckon it DOES go a little better now. It was worst when she found out he got married. But still, my point is, I’m always afraid one day, if she was alone, she might try and go after him. And that’d be really bad. Because, like she managed to have him once, she may still seduce him. But in the end, he’d always go back to the his wife, just as he did before. And that may really drive DDgirl crazy. So leave her alone and don’t talk about B. You know what? I liked B a lot, but it would have been better if he died. We lost her once, he dumped her and she moved abroad. Had he died, she would have made a reason of it.”

I don’t remember anything after that, I think I really fell asleep. I did not remember this, and then this morning I heard “Goodbye my lover” by James Blunt. And I remembered this conversation, and I thought how The Sponsor is right.
Isn’t he always?

7 comments:

KattaZac said...

Dear Sponsor! He really loves you so much! :)

Just to distract you: I had a nightmare tonight, there was blood on me, the Swiss guy chasing me and Beast saving me from him: after I woke up I started thinking about moving abroad hehehehe :)
Love and cheer up my dear! This job is killing you, I hope you'll be back to "normal" work soon.

DDgirl said...

mmmm vampire dreams?
lol

I might be free wednesday or thursday night, I'll get in touch with you for Alice!!!

KattaZac said...

Make it Wed, love, on Thur I'm booked for a "Scottish night" ;) and you know what I mean, hehehe.

Bloody dream, I still feel awkward.

Miss Burton said...

wooh i really have to sit down one day and read your blog but that might take a while!
why'd you wanna know where i live in germany? have you been there?
I live near Stuttgart, in the South.
How did you lose those 10 kilos? well you did it before so I'm sure you can do it again right?
16 hour days are no excuse :)
xxx

Anonymous said...

Okay, just something about the training/belly stuff. I'm sure you've done your own research, but I'm a trainer and it's been scientifically proven that lack of sleep lowers your metabolism. You might be better served getting more sleep instead of training more (other than the Everest thing). Good luck!

KattaZac said...

I vote for more sleep too. But then, I'd rather sleep until 10:00 than gettin up at 6:00 and go to the gym in any case, hehehehe, lazy me :P

DDgirl said...

hehe people, you're nice and everything, but if I don't train I just can't get decent sleep, because I happen to be a stupid insomniac!!

Still, work is slowing down this week, so I'm being a good girl and I'm usually in bed by 10.30, which allows me a solid 7h+ of sleep.
Well, work will probably be crazy again next week, so I'm just going to relax over the weekend....