Friday, December 15, 2006

Back to town!!

Finally, I managed to find an internet connection!

So, the main event has been, of course, the dinner with Killer Smile parents. Parents, like his father AND HIS MOTHER (in my experience, moms are far more dangerous for your relationships than dads).
It actually went surprisingly great, with no drama at all. Almost unbelievable, huh?
So, to resume, we went to this small place next to KS’s quarters, to eat a cheese based dinner (fondue, which I simply adore, as I can be a real pig sometimes). We did plenty of nice small talk, jokes and so on, and apparently they even liked me.

However, my life cannot be drama-less, can it?

That’s probably why I had to leave on Monday morning at 5AM to go to Paris. Only, the hotel for the week was in the outskirts. Like, the outskirts where they burnt cars and few people died during last year’s riots. Plus, I had to work with two pigs that usually aren’t part of my team, and we didn’t exactly socialize.
Anyway, on Tuesday morning I realized how nice the hotel was: over the night, fleas had bitten my entire right arm!! I was so nervous by night (in another hotel, luckily) that I got angry when KS hinted he was a bit jealous of me when I’m away for work, and I argued badly, just to feel sorry and miserable right after.

To make it short, I managed to cross KS in Lyon for Friday night, as on Saturday he was busy and on Sunday morning I had to leave for Rome, for work.
Basically, I worked, worked, worked worked….. with a little drama on Sunday morning, when, one hour before leaving for the airport, I accidentally locked myself out of my flat. I seriously considered the option known as “call daddy and start crying hysterically” but than realized I had no time to implement it: I needed ACTION! Somehow I managed to find a 24/7 service that dealt with it. They came in some 5 minutes, didn’t even break the door (they have a kind of magic key that opens everything) and… charged me 150 Euros (grrrrr).

To get to the present, I need to find all the Christmas presents like, now. Tomorrow KS is taking me to a ski resort for the weekend (nice Christmas present, huh?), so today is the last chance.
Only, I have promised to prepare a dessert for tonight (dinner at KS’s best friend) I have to prepare my backpack for ski, do the laundry as I have nothing clean left, oh, and work ‘till 6PM at least.
Ouch!

3 comments:

DDgirl said...

He people, sorry for the absence. Lack of time and internet connection :-((

I'll try to compensate over the next week, while I won't be able to write between Christmas and New Year's Eve (but u probably have more interesting things to do as well!!)

Anonymous said...

Hey, welcome back DDgirl, cool to read ya again

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS BLOG GET GOING PLEASE I WANT MORE!