Thursday, April 12, 2007

Back to normal life

We did it.
Somehow, we went to my parents’ place and survived without drama.
Although I still can’t believe it.
I did brief KS, and my parents acted decently all weekend long.
Basically, everyone’s attention was drawn to Bro’s family, following the announcement of the year: he and his family are moving back to my parents’ town, aka DDland.
Which means, in my Bro’s thoughts, that my parents should arrange a nice accommodation for him, his wife and their two toddlers. Needless to say, the Panther completely agrees with this, while the Sponsor (good old dad) believes it may be a bit too much to ask.
As I don’t see how this could concern me, I did not say anything about it, although in my head the script was running quite fast: People aged between 30 and 35 shouldn’t be allowed to have two toddlers when they have no permanent job and they do not seem to be able to look after themselves. Still, as I said, I kept this for me, to avoid arguing with the whole family (which would be useless in any case).

Switching to a different subject, it is decided: I’ll go to Crete with the parents, for one week in May. I’m arranging for the plane tickets and everything, and I can’t wait to lay in sun by the sea!!!!!
And, I honestly can’t wait to quit this job, things are getting awfully boring here. Add that Maria, my best friend, is still on holiday, so no Girls Nights Out for this week…

Right, I’m taking time and avoiding the subject that’s really on my mind.
I am afraid that KS could soon ask me to marry him. And yes, I love him, but I’m not ready. Because I don’t think I want to live in this country, working in finance, for the rest of my life.

And now, if you excuse me, I’ll go to Ikea to buy the new bedroom furniture. And may the Lord help me.

No comments: