Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I can't breathe easy

It seems weeks I haven't written a single word. Between moving and my crazy old job, I can call myself lucky if I managed to go and see my parents last weekend.
On Saturday I managed to hike on mountaineering ski one of the Mon Rose peaks, up to 4200M. (16800 feet? not sure 'bout that though).
I still love mountaineering ski as one of the best things of the world, but still, there are two issues 'bout it.
Firstly, it needs strong training, which I usually don't have. Luckily, I am skilled enough to manage it, no matter how lazy I have been.
Secondly, it reminds me of B., my ex. But still.

Lately, I realized it has a third issue, the worst of all.

Anyway, the Sponsor and I climbed up a bit slowlier than usual, as I had my periods and we liked to catch up by talking a bit.
When we finally fot on top, it was about noon. The day was cold, and we were surrendered by mist and clouds, so we didn't pay much attention to the two men who were already on top.

Instead, I indulged in one of my bad passions: singing. And so I started out loud the Italian version of "Breath easy", which goes, more or less, like this:

"To those who tell me,
you will come back,
I don't trust anymore.
To those who tell you,
I ache thinking of you,
you just smile and turn to her.

You will not cry,
because you can't see how, but you know
I've lost everything,
while you, you never lose, and now,

I.........can't breathe easy
I cant sleep at night
Without you by my side"

And then, just as I faded the last words, the guy with a dark green jacket approached and quietly told me "Hello, DDgirl".

No comments: