Thursday, June 07, 2007

Come out and play

I feel like I’m going to flip out. How the hell am I supposed to deal with this? What if I completely mess up? OMG!

I’d better explain.

I left yesterday to join Hatim, my new colleague, on a job in Switzerland. Everything fine ‘bout this: the job is a bit tough, but we’re dealing with it and Hatim and I go on quite well together. The only shade on the whole situation was that we do not have access to our email while working here.

Only, this afternoon, I got a call from the office assistant, Nathalie, who wanted to tell me about the coordinates of my hotel for the next week.
I had no idea what she was talking about, so she explained I have been planned on a job in Paris. Okay, I said, and who’s coming along?

The thing is, I’m going on my own, which, in this job, is NEVER a good situation. And I don’t feel experienced enough, either.

So, I was already a little blue when I called Karine, the senior manager, in order to be briefed about the job, but there was still a little part of me that was thinking: okay, it must be an easy job, Karine will brief you intensely and tell you exactly what to do, and you’ll manage to make a good job & maybe also a good impression.

Here’s how the call went:

DDgirl: Hi Karine, DDgirl speaking
Karine: Hey, what’s up?
DD: I called you to discuss about next week job
K: yeah, it’s cool, I don’t have much information, but it’s a dataroom, so you go, you make a financial due diligence, and you come back with a report.
DD:..but…
K: Look, I gotta go, anyway I’ll call you around Wednesday to know how it’s going.

And she hanged up.

Gotta go, more in the next entry.

No comments: