Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It's a small world

I’ve always been a bit of a Coyote Ugly kind of girl, dancing wildly just for the fun of doing it.
Anyway, the guy started dancing with me, and it was fun. It got even funnier when I realized he wasn’t French, but from the USA!
He soon left just to come back a few minutes later with two beers, handing me one, which I must say, I really needed, since I was sweating like a pig.
When we toasted he leaned near and told me “Can I tell you something? You’re f***ing HOT!!”.
Ok, honestly? I liked it, I mean, how long had it been since someone told me something like that? Plus it was clear from the look on his face that he really meant it. Besides, since I’m not such a bad gal, I told him “Thanx! But seriously man, I have a boyfriend!”
“So where the hell is he?”
“Down under!!”
And we both started laughing, because it was kind of hilarious that we were at an Aussie pub, celebrating the Australian team, while KS was in Australia!
By this time, I expected him to focus on someone else, which he didn’t, so I said “Look, you seem a really nice guy and you’re definitely cute, but I’m so not gonna cheat on my man!”
“And I respect you even more for that” was his answer!

At the same time, Maria was fraternizing with a cute Aussie kid (meaning that a few minutes later they were soooo French kissing!!!), while we went on dancing.

Maria took over soon after, and when the guy I was dancing with told me he was leaving soon also, I decided to call it a night as well. We stepped outside and went on chatting a bit, so I found out he’s from Dallas but living in Europe for a work-exchange program. Cool, ain’t it?

Since it was impossible to find a cab, we all started to walk, and they offered to walk me home. It was almost a one hour walk, so we chatted a lot, and I really had a good time. When we finally made it to my place, he gave me a kiss on my cheek and handed me his business card. It was only when I was upstairs emptying my pockets that I realized he does the same job I do, for the same company I work for, in the Zurich office!!

We ended up emailing each other on Monday, and I really had a blast.

Meanwhile, I managed to talk to my dear love, KS, who is finally coming back on Friday morning: I can’t wait to hold him and kiss him for hours and hours!!!!

No comments: