Thursday, September 13, 2007

Taking it easy!

At work, we have pretty much nothing going on. Every year, when September comes, there is this weird moment during which everyone is ready to start new missions, the management keeps talking about soon to start projects, and in the end nothing really comes up until the end of the month. It seriously can drive your stress to high levels, but, in time, I learnt to deal better with it. Which means, I basically don’t care and don’t make expectations on what management says at this particular time of the year.

Instead of worrying, on the last two afternoons I totally ditched work and focused on more important issues instead.
First of all, this is the very special time of the year when scouting for boots begins. Remember, there is no such a thing as too many pair of boots: we’re girls, after all!!! Since I’m fond but also fussy on boots, it usually takes me a few weeks at least to find the right pair. Last year I finally settled on black suede, 4 inch stiletto heels, round point, embroidered with delicate flowers on the leg, knee high. After seeking for longer then usual, at November end I found them at an independent small boutique that only charged me 100 Euros! And, they are still totally trendy this year!

This year, however, I’m looking for tanned leather ones. Main features are pretty the same: heels around 4 inch (although I would rather avoid stilettos, just to change), round shape, knee high. Boots that are shorter than my knee happen to make my legs look crooked, or at least I think so.

Yesterday, however, I already took a break from boots shopping, to go swimming with Laurent instead. I glided in water for more than one hour, and it was soooo good!! Seriously, I’m not a great swimmer, but after 20 minutes or so of heating, my motions become as smooth as those of a seal (I know, dolphin would sound better, but I don’t swim THAT wall!).
After all this exercise, we went eating Japanese, and Lolo caught me up with my old office gossip, which was funny: apparently during the annual training in Cannes, held in July, all the guys from the Paris office asked about me while they had totally forgot all the names of my male co-workers. Weird? Hah!

24 hours ‘til KS will step in at home… I can’t wait!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey DD, state ancora celebrando il rientro di KS? ;-)

Si sente la tua mancanza!

A presto