Monday, November 12, 2007

Coffee and laptops in my own Wisteria World

Last week, my workmates made some comments about how my desk was AWFULLY messy, and I decided they were right and it was time to do some cleaning, throwing away empty coffee paper cups, assembling folders and so on. When I was almost done (meaning I could finally see the desk itself through all the crap) I lost balance and dropped my coffee on my laptop, which some two hours later exploded. Apparently I had screwed the hard disk, the processor and Lord know what else.
Luckily, I convinced to IT guy not to mention coffee with my boss. It took however almost 2 days before he could rescue all my data from the server and provide me with a brand new laptop! By that time, of course, I was awfully late with job, which made me rush through the rest of the week.

What’s even worse, for some random reason I didn’t really get (US girls reading, please leave comment if you know about this), I couldn’t find the new episode of Desperate Housewives, which, since I’m a total addict of Wisteria Lane, sucked.
Before the 4th season, I always wanted to be Bree, and I always thought I was more of a Susan Meyer (with more talent for cooking and less for writing). You girls know what I’m talking about: Susan running down the street in he mom’s bride dress after Mike, who is leaving her. Susan making gaffes. And so on. About why do I want to be Bree, the domestic goddess, that’s a whole different thing. Maybe it’s exactly because I’m sick of being clumsy (see the coffee incident), and I’d rather be irreproachable. I don’t wish for red hair though, I’m happy about being a dark blond.

Anyway, this morning I came to work tired from the weekend, with an awfully sore neck and a bit worried, since I knew I was getting my flu vaccine at noon (and I usually have a temperature on the following day). I turned on my brand new laptop, logged into IM although I knew Kevin was still on holiday, and started going through usual staff, when my IM blinked. It was Nico (previously on DDgirl’s life: see posts around September/October 2006 about Nico…). I already knew he had left our old company and was going to be hired at our Paris office (gossip goes fast), so I was only mildly surprised. Anyway, he was bored since he doesn’t know anyone at the Paris office, hopes we can share a drink at the Winter seminary and so on. At least he made me smile, and I know him well enough to know that, he might be cranky, but he won’t tell anyone we dated. Hopefuly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww Nico is danger!!!!!
Beware, DDgirl!

Kyra

Anonymous said...

From an addicted to another: I am downloading episode 7 right now. I use BitTorrent, which is wonderfully fast with Desperate Housewives on Monday.

Enjoy!
Kiki the witch

DDgirl said...

Hey thanx!! I'll do it tonight as soon as I go home!

DDgirl