Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Moody in November

Halloween has gone, and I’m entering one of the hardest periods of the year. Work always gets tough from September end to May, but once Halloween is behind you, there are almost two long months to go until Christmas without a single day off. The city gets cold at this time of the year, days are shorter and shorter and I’ll probably have to go away on assignments, when all I would like to do is cuddle up in my comfy drinking hot tea and reading a good novel.
Which, I often end up doing at night time, like I did last night until 4AM, because yes, I’m an insomniac (not always, just sometimes). So I end up like today with a very, very sore neck, a major case of lack of sleep (my alarm goes at 7AM, I’ll let you do the math) and a grumpy boyfriend. Ouch.

Yeah, KS isn’t helping a lot. On the Halloween weekend, we went seeing my parents for two days, and then we went to the mountains with a few friends of mine, most of whom, obviously, do not speak French. I know it isn’t easy to socialize when you don’t speak the same language, but seriously, on the first night out, he didn’t exchange a word with anyone, so after ¾ of an hour or so, I decided it was time to take off. He complained my friends were not nice to him, I replied he didn’t do any effort. On the next day, I asked to a good pal to try to put on some conversation with him, and things were better (they discussed sports, obviously). My point is, I get to see my friends two times per year. These are people I grew up with, I shared good and bad with them, and I miss them a lot, so when I get to see them, I would like to be able to spend an evening exchanging stories, updating on what’s been up since last time, drinking with them and so on, instead of worrying whether my boyfriend is making new friends. Maybe I’m a bit hard, but it wasn’t easy for me when I first met his friends, I knew they were going to judge me from the first minute, but I did my best and made friends with them.
Furthermore, KS keeps complaining about me coming home late for work, and yesterday he even had the nerve to suggest I should change my job. I know I said this is a hard time of the year, but I DO enjoy my work and NEVER complain about it with KS, so why would I want to change?

Okay I’ve been a bit hard, things are not as bad as they may seem, it’s just one of those busy moments when you feel tired and grumpy. I’ll go to the SpA tonight, in order to improve my mood ;-)

Meanwhile, Kevin has left for 10 days of vacation, and I miss IMing with him at work. KS knows I have some new friends in Paris, but it’s true I didn’t tell him everything about Kevin, there is no need for it. I know KS has a female buddy at work, and I am a bit jealous sometimes, but I trust him and don’t need to know everything about their friendship, so I think it’s the same about Kevin and I.
As for Kevin’s feelings towards me, that may be a whole different story.

No comments: