Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Will you be my Valentine?

Almost a week has gone since V-day, and I realize I wrote absolutely NOTHING about it.
There are a few reasons. Over the last three weeks, I have been working an average of 70-75 hours per week, and trust me, unless you have experienced it, you don’t know what I’m talking about. Luckily this project is over, so things have really slow down since Monday.
Furthermore, I don’t think V-day is a big deal. Still, I like to do something nice for my man, without being commercial. That is why, since I was 18, I always challenged myself in preparing my man a delicious romantic dinner, to be consumed at home with me, at the table, with cell phones switched off, no TV, no other distraction than a little music on the background.

Since this year I was working 8AM-1AM on V-day, I anticipated the dinner to the weekend of February 9. I don’t necessarily prepare very very special plates: besides, I try to stick to KS favourites. So this year it was:

Verrine of smoke salmon, lime, ricotta cheese and fish eggs
Farfalle (pasta) with pesto, potatoes and green beans (Pesto alla ligure)
Roasted chicken with potatoes and red pepper
A heart-shaped chocolate mousse cake, wrapped in red velvet (mainly made of icing sugar)

That’s it. No gifts, no cards were exchanged, we didn’t go anywhere special.
We still exchange plenty of gifts without any special occasion, but not on V-day, and I’m glad it’s this way.

No comments: