Thursday, May 29, 2008

Guilty and tired

After being sick, working way too much and other minor stuff, on Monday night I’ve been called for an emergency that required me to be in our Paris office on the next morning, 9AM.
So, after swearing a little, I found an hotel, a bullet train ticket for 5:30 AM, went home and wrapped up all the clean clothes I had (not many, honestly, and the lack of iron shirts in my closet was dramatic).
I left on Tuesday morning, under one of the worst storm we’ve had over the last few years, and now here I am, dealing with this bullshit: some asshole (sorry, but that’s it) sold a big big project without realizing that all the documentation is written in Italian and that strictly no one but me in the firm understands Italian. Of course, this is the kind of project that would require at least 3 people (including someone more experienced than me) working on it, but since no one understands a thing, I’m alone on it, and it sucks big time.
So, once more, I’m in Paris and I cannot even manage to buy shampoo (and the one provided by the hotel does not smell good): yesterday I worked non stop 7:30AM to 11PM. Luckily, Kevin was ready to rescue me when I left, so he came picked me up and took me out for drinks.

Now, the thing that has been on my mind is this: Kevin invited me to go to his country house (well, his parents’) with a bunch of friends for the weekend. It’s only 45 minutes from Paris, and it would be a nice relaxing weekend: BBQ, sun tanning, playing volley and so on. KS had a party in Toulouse planned, and since I didn’t feel like going the whole way back to Lyon, than to Toulouse and back to Paris on Sunday night, I had planned to go with Kevin.
KS was a bit jealous, but hey, I cannot spend my life on trains, right?

So this morning, it turned out that the party in Toulouse is cancelled. I would like to go to the country, but honestly, I feel guilty for leaving KS home alone….
Any advice?

8 comments:

PCS said...

Invite him to come to Paris and go to the barbecue with you!

bee said...

and if he cant go to the BBQ. Stay home with you man! =)

Anonymous said...

sorry, i disagree: of course DO NOT stay home w/your man! it's not like you're ditching him: you told him before you didn't feel like going, so just because HIS party is cancelled doesn't mean you have to cancel your plans, too. i know there are different ppl, and some like to have a relationship where it'd be clear you'd stay home - but from reading your blog, i'm judging you're not one of those super-close-dependent relationship girl, so i think it's important you keep some part of your life independent. this does NOT mean not taking your bf into consideration and stuff, but just to keep doing the things that are important to you. i have been in a relationship for 5 yrs now, and i am a very independent girl. my bf knows that, and i am terribly in love - also BECAUSE i don't have to be one of the stay-home-w/your-man girls:)
ann

mum said...

Invite him along...why not? Then there will be no need for jealously, if that is currently a problem. By no means should you stay away from the party. If he doesn't want to go, go alone. Just put the offer out there and see what he does.
mum

PCS said...

I agree with mum and keep what I commented before, inveite him along if he doenst want to go thats just too bad!

Anonymous said...

I forgot: I second pcs and mum: Invite him along of course! My comment was only meant if he didn't want to go, go by yourself:)
ann

Anonymous said...

im sorry ann, but if staying home with your man makes you super close and dependent than your pathetic.

i see nothing wrong with spending time with the ppl you love and missing out a BBQ.

Anonymous said...

staying home and spending time w/your man/ppl you love if you WANT to doesn't make you dependent. spending time w/sb although you'd want to do sth else because you agreed on it or you do it to support you loved one doesn't either. but staying home and missing out on your OWN life just because your man's plans got changed and it's not sth/some time he needs your support does make you dependent - but, like i said, only if you are a girl like me (and i suppose ddgirl) who it's important doing stuff w/friends with to, as long as it's not at a time your bf would need you. if you're sb who values closeness over everything else, that is totally fine as well. to each their own! i just believe acting not accordingly to what fits you (as said, as long as it doesn't hurt anybody) will make you unhappy in the long run - and consequently, will make your partner unhappy.
i thought i had said that in my first post, too, but i hope the elaboration helps, too. of course anybody is allowed to disagree:)
ann