Friday, May 09, 2008

Why I love this country

French people are (forgive me, my loyal French readers) somehow « colder » than Italians.
In France, a guy complimenting a girl is trying to hit on her. Otherwise, he won’t compliment.
Any kind of attention that includes compliments has a deeper meaning.

Now, you all know I love to be at the centre of the world, I mean, I like when boys like me.
Seriously, who doesn’t like to be complimented? So I missed it in France, at the beginning. Then I forgot about it, because habits change quickly, and 3 years is a long time.

These days I’m spending in Milan took me back to old lovely times. When I come to the office, guys actually DO compliment me in the morning. They do it because they’re nice, not because they’re hitting on me or something. This is the way they have been educated, so they look at you and compliment what they think is beautiful about you, which can be your hairstyle, the way you dressed, your nail colour… whatever. You see what I mean? No one here would tell you “You look tired” or something like that, when you get to work.

Being a natural venetian blond helps even more, because real blonds are rare in Italy.
Today I went out for lunch with a bunch of colleagues, and the waiter offered me a nice flowers. Call me silly if you want, but these little, nice things can make your day.

On other news, I’m going to visit the Parents for a long weekend (Monday is holiday in France), and KS is arriving as well tonight, because apparently he was getting bored without me back in France, so we’re going to spend a lovely spring weekend by the lake, in Italy.

Isn’t life beautiful?

1 comment:

PCS said...

You made me jealous!