Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Every night fever

Life in MINDBLOWING.
I’ve bee here for barely a week and I’ve been out every single night but one, and most of the nights I’ve been to two or more “aperitivo”. This is a typical Milan concept: you go out right after work, and bars offer happy hours with complimentary food buffet.
The idea is that you get there by half past seven, so you can go out but still be home early enough. Unless of course, you pile two or three different aperitivo in one night, as I do. And honestly people, I’m a girl. So when it’s half past eight and friends call me saying “We’re at Armani’s, come over DDgirl!” How in hell can I say no when I had never been at Armani’s place before? And who cares if the effing place charges 15 bucks a drink, when girls never get to pay a single drink around here?
I mean, I’m not THAT glamour but let’s face it, people like David Beckham and Victoria go there!!! Plus, it’s stylish:


And there’s more, it’s not just Armani. There is Dolce & Gabbana place, other trendy bars, and even better the thousand ubercool bars that have nothing to do with fashion. What’s most important, there are thousands of people who go out every night, and there’s a ton of them calling me to go out.

There are only two downsides on this. First, I’m trying to stay on no-carbs, and this places offer an incredible selection of carb-rich food for free.
Second, I wake up VERY early in the morning (between 6 and 6:30 AM) to go running on the mill. And it’s fucking hard to wake up after 4 drinks at night.

All in all, I’m doing pretty well down here. I miss KS a lot, but I kinda like this life. I’ll write more about work, for know I’ll just say everything’s fine.

1 comment:

KattaZac said...

welcome to the Movida ;)