Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Illness and craziness

So I did it.
I pulled together all my shit, and then the Sponsor and Bro came with a truck and loaded everything and we left France.
Before that, I had some amazing leaving parties at work and with friends (I somehow managed to drink 132 Euros of alcohol at the latter and still not cry!).

KS managed to hold it together when I left, and so did I, probably also because of the presence of the Sponsor and Bro. It was still pretty hard. Soon enough however, other things came up so I couldn’t pout too much….

As soon as we got to my Parents’ place, I started puking my guts. And then again. And again. And again, and on and on for the whole night. By the next morning, I had a bad temperature and no strength left. Since my sis in law was on vacay, my 2 years and a half nephew was staying with the Panther: in other terms, the noise in the house was unbearable.
I spent this way the next few days, and by Wednesday I started feeling better, so I went to the city to visit the apartment I’m now living in. The flat is huge and nice, but it needs badly a few interventions: painter, electrician, plumber, cleaning etc etc….

By Thursday I desperately wanted to DO something, so I went mountaineering skiing with the Sponsor and Bro. However I overestimated my conditions: we climbed up 1000 meters (almost 3300 feet) and then, when we were already seeing the top of the mountain, I puked my guts once again. Classy huh?
I spent Friday running errands in order to obtain all the papers I needed for work, and then I got a call from a friend from Rome, that we’ll call Sportsman, who told me he was heading towards the Mont Rose with a bunch of friends from Rome, and then put me on speaker. The guys were planning a weekend of ski with helicopter, mountaineering ski and extreme free ride. $ of them plus one guide. Was I interested (and good enough) in joining them?
Of course I didn’t need thinking about it, so I said:”just let me know what time shall we meet tomorrow morning and I’ll be there”!

This is how I spent the most two amazing days of the year: 4 roman gorgeous guys, me, the guide, skiing up and down the Alps like madmen, flying with the helicopter, screaming, laughing, and OMG it was GREAT! We slept in a hut, and we had so much fun at night!
But honestly? My muscles never ever ached as much as they did on Monday!!
The guys kept complimenting me because I was the only girl they know that can stand up to them when it’s about alpinism, but fuck, it was tough!!
I can’t wait to see the pics now, and the movie, because two of them had a camera on their helmet and filmed the whole first day!

No comments: