Friday, December 18, 2009

The coolest party of the year

Yesterday night, the annual Christmas party of my company was on. It was held in one of the coolest venues of the city (as usual). It was supposed to show that things are starting to get better, the economy is getting back on track and all this bullshit. The Company Xmas party is always a big deal anyway.

The party was amazing. The venue is an old church which was converted in this uber-stylish club. Beautiful.

There were all my friends from work, and I managed to chat or dance a little while with all of them, plus I met some other colleagues that I did not know before. I handed out business cards, drank champagne, smiled a lot, laughed at good jokes, shaked hands. Than I hit the dance floor with my friends and had a blast.
What’s best, I looked great in my black Trussardi dress paired with 4 inch suede boots. My stomach was unusually flat, my makeup was just enough without being too aggressive, my hair looked good. I don’t remember talking to anyone that didn’t compliment my looks in some way.

At least, this is how I imagined it. Because in truth, while the party took place, I stayed at work until 2AM (wearing the above mentioned black dress, for what it's worth). Then I went home, and this morning I even skipped the gym because I was back at work at 7AM, hands shaking from the lack of sleep, spots on my face, hair messier than ever.

2 comments:

KattaZac said...

Blast it mate, when you said "it's going to be late tonight" I never imagined THAT LATE! O_o omg... Anyway, when my company xmas dinner was going on I was on my sofa as well, struggling to breathe... you're in good company, sigh.

mum said...

Oh, DDGirl. That sucks. I'm sorry you didn't get to enjoy the party. I hope things start to calm down for you. mum