Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A storm on the horizon...

After KS birthday, I had to hop on the bullet train to Paris, on Sunday night, in order to attend a few days of training in the capital.
Since courses started on Monday morning pretty early, my colleague Caroline and I were obliged to get there on Sunday night, which sucked quite a lot, especially since, due to the Rugby World Cup, finding an hotel in Paris those days it’s hard. We managed to find a place downtown, but it definitely wasn’t the hotel once would dream of.

On Monday morning, we arrived early, so I made a bee-line to the coffee table and spent a few minutes savouring the coffee, which, for once, was delicious (in case you didn’t know, I am totally caffeine addicted!!). I was still standing there, when someone came and hugged me from behind! I was even more surprised when I turned to see it was… Kevin! And I was surprised, because he was not listed in the training convocation!
He explained me he had only been contacted on Friday night and that we would be in the same team for the whole training, which was nice, because I didn’t know anyone else in my class.
On Monday night, we went out for drinks with friends, and we had a blast!! And then, on Tuesday afternoon, I tried to get a ticket to fly back to Italy… And something was wrong with the web site, ‘cause the tickets were out at three times the usual rpice.
I thought AirFrance was having issues, it had already happened before, so I didn’t give it a second thought and went out for drinks with a few others. Since we had finished classes at 5PM, it was pretty early, but beer and shots came fast, offered by the senior managers.
Kevin had settled next to me, and some jokes were made on the fact that we had been working together for the whole day, besides we had scored a good performance, so nobody was exaggerating in teasing us.
However, I started to think about the plane fares, and to worry about it. Kevin understood something was wrong, and held my hand under the table, questioning me with his eyes from time to time. Me, I decided to drown my worries in alcohol…

No comments: