Monday, October 22, 2007

A weekend in Italy

So last Friday I stepped out of my office at 5PM, sped to Rugbyman office and met him to head towards Italy. As I probably mentioned, the network of Italians expats had found me a lift to go to Turin: from there, I was to catch a train for one more hour, and then the Sponsor (aka dad) would pick me up.
Only when he stepped out of his office, I realized where did I already know Rugbyman from: he’s Maria (my best friend)’s ex. WTF, I thought, this is none of my business.
Rugbyman has gained this nickname thanx to his obsession with rugby (he also used to play). Anyway, Maria called me as soon as we got in the car, and asked me who was I with. I made her understand, and she started making a scene. Like, WTF?? She started saying that now I’ll become friend with Rugbyman and dump her. AS IF.
So I calmed her down, made arrangements to go to the movies on Monday and dancing on Friday and hung up. Luckily, Rugbyman didn’t make any comments.

The journey was pretty unremarkable, until the Sponsor picked me up. Since I knew he had seen an eye-doctor, and I had booked an appointment to have my myopia reduces by laser, we talked about both things, and then, just like that, he told me next month he’ll go through chemotherapy, and that the Panther (aka Mom) does not know (she thinks he’s having just a check).
Now, the Sponsor always says “It’s nothing serious” when it’s about him, but hey, we’re talking about chemo, it’s not something you take for a cold!!!! So I’m pretty much freaking out about the whole thing.

The weekend itself, was great. I love fall by the lake, the weather was cold but sunny, and I took long walks with the Panther and my niece (the Sponsor was working on Saturday). It went way too fast, as always, but knowing I’ll go back again on November 1, it wasn’t even that hard to come back to town on Sunday night.
While on the train to Turin, Andrea, the Hunter, called me…

2 comments:

Dicia said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad! Hugs!

DDgirl said...

Thanks!

Dad's a tough one, he'll get through it... hopefully!!!