Friday, May 22, 2009

Dolce Vita

I’m going out way too much!
When was it the last night I spent alone at home? I can’t even remember. The rare time my friends take a rain check on me (like it happened last Tuesday, when Polish Chick was too sick to go out) my friend and former room mate Luca is always up to some cool event and always happy to bring me along.

Last night KS and I invited over a bunch of colleagues of mine for an after work glass of white wine, and then KS wanted to go out and enjoy a little of Milan nightlife. I was really exhausted, but then I thought it was really awful to tell him I didn’t want to go out when he knows I’m always hanging out in cool bars.
I slipped in a cute dress, gave Luca a call and we joined him and a few friends (including most of Luca’s Tuscan gang I’ll talk about later, but I love them all!) in a bar next to the castle.

I quickly discovered, thanks to a friendly barman, my new favourite drink: gin and grapefruit. Low in calories, tasty, fresh: just perfect.
I probably had a few too many drinks, we were all having fun, we were outside and the night was warm.

I love this life. You can just spend half of your night in the streets wearing flip flops and a sundress, dancing around, hanging out with friends, never feeling cold. It seems everyone around here lives this way, going out every night, never being tire of it. I know it will be a bit different in the winter, but winter seems so far away now that who cares?

But is this really me? I still dream of living in the mountains far away from cars and noise. But then again, while I’m here I might as well enjoy it, right?



On different news, KS had a job interview yesterday morning, and starting from June he’ll be working in Milan 4 days a month. It’s a nice beginning, it’ll help him realizing if this is really what he wants to do I think, and I’m really happy about it!

9 comments:

mum said...

Wow. I didn't know if he would make the move, but this is a step in the right direction. mum

Anonymous said...

Hey Darlin' where are you?

Anonymous said...

Ricci Eleganti cercano disperatamente DDGirl. Pregasi contattare Paola Delfina per comunicazioni importanti.
Licia

Italian in London said...

DD Girl, where are you?

DDgirl said...

Dear readers,

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while... work has gone crazy again!
I'll post something in the weekend, I promise!
In the meanwhile, what are you people reading now that Diaries of E and He are both over? And do you thing the Bedroom Blog will end as well?

DDgirl said...

Sorry people...
I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere without an internet connection...

I'll post as soon as I can, but I cannot froetell when it will be...

mum said...

Thanks for checking in and letting us know you're OK. Here are a couple blogs to check out.

http://thekarenchronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.charlotte-faulkner.blogspot.com/

http://fifteenmiles.blogspot.com/

Hope to hear from you soon. mum

KattaZac said...

Wanna my DD back!
Wanna vacation, wanna sleep, wanna rest...
Wanna lotta things but wanna hug you DD most important of all! :)

mum said...

alright, DDgirl, you get back here and tell us what's been going on! mum