Monday, May 18, 2009

Never gonna dance again (the way I danced with you)

I’m listening to this song, and thinking about Nicola… And our last night in England, almost ten years ago...
In my mind, the lyrics are a little different from the original.


I felt so unsure
As I took your hand
And led you to the dance floor
As the music dies
Something in your eyes
Calls to mind a silver screen
And all its sad goodbyes

I'm never gonna dance again
Guilty feet have got no rhythm
Though it's easy to pretend
I know you're not a fool
I should have known better than to leave a friend
And waste a chance that I've been given
So I'm never gonna dance again
The way I danced with you

(Never without you)

Time can never mend
The careless whisper of a good friend
To the heart and mind
Ignorance is kind
There's no comfort in the truth
Pain is all you'll find

That night the music seemed so loud
I wish that we could have lost that crowd
Maybe it's better this way
We'd hurt each other with the things we wanted to say
We could have been so good together
We could have lived this dance forever
But now who's gonna dance with me
Please stay

Now that I've gone
Now that I've gone
Now that I've gone
Was what I did so wrong
So wrong that I had to leave you alone…


I miss you, my friend. I know it’s up to me, I know I could come to see you an I’d be welcome. But I can’t seem to make up my mind. Forgive me.

2 comments:

Italian in London said...

Hi DDGirl,

how was the weekend? And the Armany party? I wish I was in Milan too...

Italian in London

KattaZac said...

if you miss him THIS hard, then maybe seeing him could be ok... Still, knowing the things I know, I would be hesitant too if I were in your shoes
lots of love from me meanwhile :P