Thursday, February 22, 2007

Job interview

I have great news.
And, for once, they do not imply guys, relationships, infidelities or exes.

I’ve got a job interview.
The thing is, during the last few days my colleagues bored the hell out of me. The two who were performing best among us, have announced they’ll be living in three months, and I feel like I’m not going anywhere, I mean I’m not growing, not learning anything and so on.

So on Tuesday night I went home feeling a lot like Bridget Jones: I need to lose 5 kilos (about 11 pounds), I hate my colleagues (ok, I don’t water their flowers with orange juice, but it’s just ‘cause they’re males and they don’t keep flowers on their desks).
When, on Wednesday morning, someone made for the ten millionth time a joke about me and my ex, the Little Prince, I decided to “un-dust” my CV.
And so, yesterday at 4PM I sent it to our main competitor.
20 minutes later, the partner of our main competitor called me and asked if I was available for an interview ASAP. Of course I was positive, and he proposed later in the afternoon. I checked myself: I was wearing Nike, jeans and a shirt: no way! So I quickly replied I had a meeting with a client and he proposed Thursday, like today!!!

Now, the only thing is that I haven’t gone through a job interview since November 2004, which means more than two years: Oh. My. God.
Interviewing is much like dating, you know? When you’ve had a serious relationship for two years or more, going back to dating ain’t easy: you don’t remember what to say in those occasions and so on. Ouch.

So, what I’m wearing: white-cream tailleur, with a very classic knee length skirt; a light beige shirt with a Korean neck; suede brown boots. On top, my beige coat with coordinated basque-hat.

Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did the interview go?

Keep us posted!