Monday, February 26, 2007

Case of the ex

The job interview went good.
Who the hell am I kiddin'??? I would definetly say the interview went great, with the partner asking me if I was available early this week to meet the whole team. Only, he still hasn't called me back.
And this sucks horribly, because I liked him and I think he could be a nice boss. Plus (drums roll) there are 3 other women in his team. Which sounds, like, paradise. Oh crap. Why doesn't he call me?????


Furthermore, things at my office are getting weird. People keep stabbing each other backs, we don't have much work and the spare time means everyone has nothing to do but gossip. Dangerous.
Plus, today and tomorrow the plenary meeting takes place. This means, it was one of the rare occasions during which I can see all of my colleagues at the same time. And, I have to admit, I definetly felt a bit like a fish out of water.

Back to my less-favourite-most-recurring subject: the birthday party of KS' ex.
The girl has asked someone (I suspect Nath) my phone number and then called me.
I acted nice and reassuring, explaining I'm not going to spoil her party and that I'm normally a decent person.
She gave me her speech and everything (including "I've been alone for so long and still have no one, it's been two years since KS dumped me" I mean what kind of nerd would tell such a thing to a complete stranger???), but in the end she let it go. Only, later yesterday night, she called KS and made a scene about the whole thing. It all sounded a lot like Mya, you know: "It's after midnight and she's on your phone, saying come over 'cause she's all alone. I could tell it was your ex by your thone, why is she calling after so long?".
This thing put me a bit in distress, as you can imagine.
Furthermore, this morning Nath asked me to join her for a coffee and basically insulted me for the whole thing.
This thing has definetly gone one step too far, and I'm sick of it. How did I let the situation get to this point? I mean, KS' ex is having an influence (needless to say a bad one) on my life. And this, is not okay for me.
So, I'll go to the damned party, put on a smile and all my best manners, and then explain to KS that either she is out of both our lives, either I'mll soon be out of KS' life.
When the game gets tough...

1 comment:

BC Gal said...

It sounds like this girl is a bit too influential in KS' life. Hopefully he will see what it's doing to our girl and make the right decision!