Monday, February 19, 2007

Weekend at the in-laws

Sorry ‘bout not posting on Friday as promised. I don’t know how, time seems to slip away so fast. Like, when people ask me when did I move to France, I think why, must be some 6 months or so, then I realize it’s almost 18 months.

Anyway, let go spiritual subject, and let’s go back to the weekend at Killer Smile’s parents.
No special drama concerning KS family and I happened: we went along quite well, and I especially liked his mother. Of course, there are things I wouldn’t mind changing (like, turn off the damned tv for at least five minutes!!!!) but who cares? I mean, it’s not like we’re ever going to live next to them or anything, so as long as we keep it civil, that’s more than enough for me.
The fact that both his sisters and their boyfriends were there didn’t hurt either, allowing me to stay quiet when I felt so, and so on.

Things got juicier, however, about KS’ friends.

I met a few of them, including her best g-friend, Flo, who seems to me quite nice and funny, you know, the kind of person with which you can share a beer and a good laugh.

Annoying thing number one was that, with the exception of Flo, everyone felt obliged to compare me to Delph, his ex (previously mentioned as GF1). Although all comparisons were made to my advantage, it was still embarrassing and uncomfortable, as it clearly shows how everyone still associates MY KS to his stupid ex girlfriend.

Annoying thing number two, is likely to end up in some bigger drama.
In 2 weeks, Flo and mentioned Delph, will throw a joint party for their birthdays. Flo invited both of us, but apparently Delph has already spread the rumor that I won’t be accepted at the party. Now, I couldn’t care less about Delph’s party, but KS is going because of Flo, and there is no way he is going to hi ex’s birthday without me. So, tay tuned to discover drama’s evolution…

No comments: