Friday, March 16, 2007

Flashback: the guy who broke my heart (part I)

So, yesterday I went to Paris and spent the whole afternoon being interviewed by all kind of people for The Job. They’ll let me know something in the week, so I guess I just have to wait.

In the meanwhile, I realize tht I probably have to start the history about B. It will take long, so I’m gonna split it in two posts.


During my last year in college, I lived through a weird season. I was doing huge amounts of sport, wondering how I would have make a living after college, and this way I spent a few months living alone in a small chalet my parents have in the Alps.
When I mean alone, I mean that in winter, excluding Christmas holidays, there is really no one living there except some old buddies of my father.
Although I’m used to cold winters, that year it seemed to snow all the time. And I’m not talking about some 5 centimeters overnight, I’m talking about weeks of huge snowflake falling without break from the sky.
I loved it: I went everywhere with my skis, and spent weeks skiing in the middle of the freezing nowhere, in the silence only snow storms can provide with. Once every three days, I’d bake a cake and pay a visit to an old folk of dad who was ill. Another old man of the mountain was almost always there, taking care of him. I’d sit for an hour or two, sipping tea or warm wine, they would tell old stories and asked me where I’d been wandering around. I guess they are the only ones who ever understood my love for being alone in the wilderness of the freeze.

In spring I decided to go on to get my diploma of mountaineering ski teacher.

And that’s how I met B., the guy of my dreams. He was tall, blond, with deep blue eyes. More important, he was from the mountain people, like me.
He was engaged, and I decided I wanted him. So I fought to have him, and it took me five months.
By the time snow begun to melt, in the end of May, he was mine, and I was ready to get back to the big city and discuss my final thesis, to take on a new job and all that crap. On the day we finally got together, I also moved in my new rented flat (with my new two roommates), and stated a job as a trader.

Forgive me, but the rest will come on Monday

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice entry!
cannot wait to see the end of it though!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am soo curious now!!! Post soon!