Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Privileged

Back to the present, yesterday night I was home alone (KS had a long day at work and only came home at 11PM) and I realized how lucky I am.
I mean, I love my man, I really do, and he loves me and wants us to be together for the rest of our lives (yes, he said it). And, he is a good man, who works without being workaholic, who loves kids, who understand most of my needs and moods. And, who is capable of making me laugh.

So, while thinking about how lucky I am, I got the phone call: the job is mine.

I did it. I still can’t believe it, but the woman from the HR told me that I rocked at all the interviews, and how glad they were and all this stuff, basically to tell me they are also going to pay me the amount I had asked for. Which means that, although I’m not going to become Bill Gates, between KS and I are going to make enough to have not the slightest problem in paying the loan on the new house and all the furniture we need and whatever.
I mean, how many couple of people aged 24-25 do I know that can say the same? Not that many, so I do feel privileged. And proud. I mean, yes, we are privileged, but we do work our fingers to the bone, we never spent huge amounts of money in holidays, clothes or stuff. What the hell, I don’t even have a car on my own as I believe it would cost too much to maintain it, while I can manage to get to work and to see my parents by using public transports!

So, celebration is in order. Tomorrow night friends are coming at our place for dinner, while on Friday Maria has organized to go to a Spa at 6PM and to reach the boys at 9:30PM to hang out and possibly get slightly drunk.

Furthermore, winter is back down here, and on Monday it started snowing and it’s frigging cold. So, next week, KS and I are taking a day off to go skiing.

We deserve it!

The only thing that still worries me, is that I still have to tell the big boss I’m quitting. And he won’t be back ‘till tomorrow, but I hate telling people I quit.
Well, I’ll keep you posted on that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Complimenti per il lavoro nuovo, DD !!!
Ti auguro che la collaborazione con le nuove colleghe sia bella e proficua.
Un abbraccio e un in bocca al lupo dalla Spagna (ieri nevicava anche qua, incredibile!)

A presto!