Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The hunter is the bait!

Little things happened over the weekend and the last few days. It’s still freezing cold around here, and the weather was horrible, so I basically spent Saturday and Sunday fooling around bed with KS, watching movies, sleeping and those kind of stuff.

I still managed to have a good laugh and a funny (though weird) chat with Andrea, the Hunter, alias my college best guy friend.
Andrea is staying in London, but only for a few more weeks, then he’ll be once more hittin’ the road. Your guess is as good as mine, but I bet he’ll stay a couple of weeks in Milan, until friends will be tired to have him at their place, and then he’ll head back to Thailand.
I laugh while saying this, but each time he leaves for the Far East I wonder if I’ll ever see him again: after the Tsunami accident, when he was considered lost for 12 days, I can’t help but worrying.

Anyway. Andrea basically lives on his mom’s money, and, as she’s practically millionaire, he can afford it: she stays home in Finland, and once a month or so wires him a few thousand bucks. Not bad huh?
This obviously implies that he must not make mom mad at him (yes, freedom is never cheap).
So I laughed hard when I got this mail.

From: Andrea, the Hunter
To:DDgirl
Subject: Engagement advice

DDgirl,
Whazzup buddy???
London sucks, I’m bored to hell of working, but luckily it’ll soon be over.
How do you manage to work all year long, is something I don’t get. Nevermind.
I’m in trouble girl, and I need your help (you’ve always been smarter than me in family stuff).

Mom got me engaged to some Finnish girl, daughter of a family friend, that I’ve never met.

Okay, stop laughing, this is serious, no joke. The young lady is coming to pay me a visit in London, and she’ll be here in two days, with her best friend.
Normally, I would simply hook up with both and then say bye bye, but I’m afraid mom will cut the monthly wire if I screw up this.
So I’m in trouble.

Write back with constructive advice ASAP, please.

Missin’ ya
The Hunter

1 comment:

DDgirl said...

Hello everyone,

I hope you enjoyed this one. I laughed to tears, when I got the news.
Now I'll have to think about something to tell him!!!

Have a nice week ya all!

DDgirl