Tuesday, July 15, 2008

One step too far

Last weekend I went back to my Parents’ place, and it wasn’t easy.
Besides from the usual feelings (each time it’s harder to leave when it’s time to come back to France, and so on…), the Sponsor is NOT feeling good.
As much as he may act as if everything’s all right, he actually has also appendicitis and the beginning of a hernia.
He also has had problems with a leg muscle mast week (enough to be using crutches for a week or so.
Not to mention that today he’s going to the hospital for another chemo treatment (the 7th since he begun them in December), which won’t be the last.
Oh, did I mention that the man is too stubborn to stay home on sick leave, and instead goes on working 10 hours (sometimes 14) shifts (he’s a doc in a heart hospital)?

Just in case you forgot the DDfamily is all made of crazy people…

So my issues about being here, far away and everything, get stronger and stronger.
KS does not understand what I’m going through, mainly because:

1. He thinks that if my father was really feeling bad he would stay home (but he doesn’t know him like I do, of course: I’m the perfect daughter for my father after all, going to the office when I’ve got over 100F of temperature..)

2. He’s French, meaning that if his parents are sick, it’s their problem. KS isn’t a bastard, it’s just that down here they don’t have the same concept of family we have in Italy.

So while I dream of moving, he has started fixing the bathroom (new shower, new floor, new lining on the walls…)

I am clearly not moving by September as I had originally planned, because I was hoping I could work things out and wait to move ‘till KS is ready to do it. But time flies, and we only live once, so by the end of the year decisions will have to be taken. I only need the guts to do it.

No comments: