Monday, September 25, 2006

Coyote Ugly

The night with Nicolas was… awkward

Do you all remember the Coyote Ugly girls? The idea was that coyotes that get trapped cut away the trapped leg with their teeth, to run away. Just the way you would want to do sometimes, when you wake up beside someone after a funky night, and all you wish is to run away without waking him. You know what I mean, huh?

Before you misunderstand, we did not do it. Ok, I’ll explain everything.

I arrived to the party around 9PM, wearing this innocent/lusty dress I have since college, that never failed to make me obtained what I wanted.
Nicolas wasn’t there yet, but there was Helene, girlfriend and neighbor of mine, who instantly started to pour me her wonderful vodka sour. One hour (and more than one vodka) later, Nicolas arrived with his friends, not yet drunk but already quite high. I just smiled, and he said “My love, why didn’t you answer me?” I was stunned. Picked up the phone and found a message from him, from two hours before, that said “Sweetheart, I’ll arrive later, shall we meet directly at the pub? Kisses”. I watched Nicolas, and smiled while he was saying “I don’t want everyone to see there’s something between us” just to start kissing me right after. Hehe!

By the time we left for the pub, the evening was great.
And we were both drunk, but in a nice way. So, making out at the pub, just seemed a wonderful idea. Music was great, Nicolas (who apparently knows everyone no matter where he goes) was introducing me as his fiancé to everyone, including my new assistant, who just watched me astonished.

When we decided to join the others at the disco, the drama started. They wouldn’t let us in, basically because Nicolas was all over me. And then Arnaud, Nico’s spazzy friend, came out from the disco. I tried to persuade them to get in without me, so that I could join them a few minutes later, but by this time it was getting hard to explain things to Nico. And then, Arnaud started touching me all over.
I was scared to hell, screamed at them both, and tried to left. They tried to persuade me to move to another disco with them, but I wasn’t getting it, Arnaud didn’t let me go and I realized that Nicolas wasn’t seeing what was happening. So, when they slipped in a friend’s car, I just stormed away in the rain, found a cab and headed home.
Nicolas kept calling me, and to his honor I must say that he came to my place fifteen minutes later, without Arnaud.
By the time, however, I was so freaked out, I totally refused to make love, and we just fell asleep. I woke up one hour later, and he was dead sleeping. As I had to catch the train at 6:30AM (weekend with parents had been planned long ago), I didn’t wake him, but just left leaving him a note.

I called him Saturday evening, but my mobile had no battery, so we didn’t really talk. He didn’t call back either.

Now it’s Sunday afternoon and I’m going back to town. Nico was supposed to call me this evening to meet at his place, but I don’t feel like he’s going to. I don’t even know if he remembers he promised it either. What’s horrible is that as he probably didn’t realize what happened with Arnaud, he probably considers me the reigning queen of stupid drama.

And I don’t even know how the hell will I manage to walk into the office on Monday morning, after everyone saw the two of us on Friday night.

Well, I’ll keep you posted ‘bout this!!

No comments: