Thursday, September 14, 2006

Work meetings

Yesterday night I was watching Desperate Housewives, when I got a call from my mother, who is also known as The Panther, in family slang. I’m supposed to meet her and dad on Friday morning for a long weekend in the Alps, so I was a bit astonished when I saw her name, but I picked the call (bad mistake).

After usual chat, she came to the point.
“Darling, you know, I think your brother and his wife might be thinking about having another baby”
Guilty feelings rising around me.
“Hey Panther, you gotta be kiddin’”
I mean, Bro is 29, and he already has two kids, aged 20 months and 2 months respectively. They’re lovely, but they can be a real nightmare.
Anyway, as long as Bro goes on having kids at the rhythm of a rabbit, the whole family is fine about me being a spinster, so…

Later on, I went out for drinks with the girls from the office, to celebrate a German friend who’s leaving us to go back to Stuttgard.
Nice evening, great gossips, little alcohol. It’s week time, and I’m a professional!

The final news came this morning from my manager: in January, we’ll have a winter meeting just like those we had in June in Cannes. Oh. My. God!!!!!!
Three days in Cannes, doing nothing but sun tanning around the swimming pool, bathing in the sea, drinking ridiculous amounts of champagne. Oh, and there was a little kissing. Ok, a little making out as well, in the Mediterrean sea, one night around 4 AM. But it was a guy from another office, so not strictly a coworker, right?

Plus, look at what I was wearing for the gala dinner!


No comments: