Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Little Black Book

To add some mess to my life, as soon as I turned off my laptop, yesterday afternoon, my manager called me and asked me to go back to the office, to deal with another emergency. When I said I was tired, he said it didn’t need more than one hour. As it turned out, it took 7 more hours, which means I got home at midnight. So, since Monday morning, I have worked something like, huh, 40 hours. Does this mean I’m done with my working week? Hell, I’d wish!!

Anyway, I had promised to give an update on KS.
Do you remember that flick, “Little black book”, where the girl looks through her boyfriend’s palm and finds out everything ‘bout his exes? Well, why can’t we, girls, learn that the less you know about your man’s past, the less it’s likely to hurt? Apparently I’m hopeless on this subject.

Killer Smile met Girlfriend N.1 when he was about 17, and they were both in high school. GF1, as I’m going to call here, happens also to be Nath’s best friend, and she and KS staid together for some 7 years before parting their ways. Here’s what I know about her:

1. She’s fat (and I’m an awful person, right, but I have seen her pics and she IS fat. And, thanx God for that)
2. When things turned out bad between her and KS, she bought him a kitten, in an effort to keep him close to her
3. Soon after KS left her, GF1 realized she had got knocked up and she had an abortion without telling him. She only told him about it when she got back from the hospital
4. Girlfriend N.1 still believes (and hopes) that, sooner or later, KS will go back to her. If he doesn’t answer to her on IM, or if he ignores her when they go out with mutual friends, she complains with everyone about this.

So, yes, I do see her as an enemy. It is also true, that I would probably see as an enemy any woman who IMs my man (his sisters being the only exceptions)

Let’s see what’s next…. Ah, yeah, Guadeloupe Girl, last spring. Guadeloupe Girl because well, that’s where she comes from, but also because they’ve been on holiday there together. This is a bit more dazed, as KS is evidently ashamed about her. Apparently she used to hit him, which is something I don’t wholly understand given the size of my man. Friends report she’s completely mad, the kind that throws fragile objects when angry and puts on shows to draw attention. Whatever. Apparently she did not last more than three or four months, and all she left behind is a shampoo for black girls.

Eastern Slut is the next one, but my manager is calling me, so you’ll have to wait a bit more!

No comments: