Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Mental floss

I did not post for a few days, due to the fact that I feel my mind is messy. As this situation does not appear to improve, I’ll post anyway, but please, beware that this post could make little sense (also because I keep changing subject). By the way, do you ever feel this way?

The biggest event of last week was that I got a job offer, and I mean, the kind of job offer you have problems saying no. Why, will you wonder? Because of the fabulous salary and bonus.
Still, as nothing come for free in real life, those are the issues.

Firstly the job would be in Milan, Italy, a city where I swore myself never to live in again, due to total lack of security (when I was in college girls did not walk home alone after 9PM!!), horrible weather (up to 45 Celsius in summer, I guess it’s like F113), awful services and so on.
Secondly, it’s an M&A advisory position for one of the world biggest banks, the kind of, no matter where you live, if I say the name you think “ah, yeah, I know it!”. Into practical terms, this kind of position, in Milan, means that you work around 40 weekends per year (not to mention the 70working hours weeks).
Thirdly (and far from least), I could not bring myself to quit KS, and, right now, he is not ready to follow me there.

On the boyfriend side, last Friday we attended a party where his ex was invited also. Saying everyone was bitchy towards me would be too nice: stating that I spent the night alone in one corner, talking only to an outsider, would be much closer to the truth.
We also had a little argument about this, but in the end he admitted I was right and that anyway we’ll attend lesser and lesser those kind of parties (thanx Lord!).

Truth is also, I miss my friends. Since I moved in with KS, no one from Italy visited me but my parents, and while in Italy I only meet most of them at Christmas and in August. So I am a bit melancholic, but I know I’ll probably be feasting every night with them on the first half of August, so I guess it’s all right…

No comments: