Monday, July 02, 2007

Maverick

I’m still here, in Switzerland, but thanx God tomorrow I shall go and see the parents for the weekend.

While staying here, with the team, we kept talking about Top Gun, basically as we’re next to a military airport, and army jets keep taking off and landing (destroying our ears). The funniest things I found out are, in the order:

1 - Top Gun, in France is a cult film. I mean, it really IS a cult, even now, and I’m not talking about teenagers.
2 – In the French dubbed version, when they finally go for it, Charlie says to Maverick “Maverick, sex beast, make love to me or I’m not answering of my body”.

Like, SEX BEAST???? I mean, it’s ridiculous!!

Anyway, after one week spent listening to “Take my breath away”, and having lunch at the airport cafeteria, yesterday while waiting for our food, I parted from the team to go and buy chewing-gums and a stamp. And then this blond army pilot came and started to talk to me. In German. Did I mention he was wearing his uniform?
So I flirted for like, 10 seconds (I’m taken, plus my German is quite rusty) before going back to the table.
Needless to say, my colleagues immediately started teasing me: so, u like him, are you going to see him and all kind of nonsense.

It was so obvious we were all just joking that when they asked me
“What’s his name?”
I didn’t hesitate, and answered
“Sex beast”

No comments: