Monday, October 23, 2006

Marriages

Here I am, back from a long weekend at my parents’ place.
The Panther hasn’t yet been operated, so there is this kind of “non-said” hanging around, from time to time. It was a resting weekend, however, plenty of nice chatting, eating the Panther’s fab meals, sleeping, pampering Salomé (our cat, or homecoming queen if you prefer) and so on.

The Manager has called to invite me to a theater piece in Milan, and to ask me to join him visiting his parents in Venice next weekend. Obviously I declined both, and obviously he seems to believe we’re together. Given his usual smartness and intelligence, this is completely weird: how many times did I tell him WE ARE NOT A COUPLE??? Plenty of times, trust me. Still!

Changing subject, Miriam, college girlfriend, called last week. Her boyfriend, who’s in Albany for a mission (he’s a soldier… no comment) apparently is going to give her the ring.
Only, she doesn’t seem so sure about getting married. Honestly, since they got together, she cheated on him so many times I lost count. Okay, I’m a bit old fashioned and he’s always abroad for the Army, but still… I wouldn’t call that love. Oh, and I have a clue he cheats as well. Bah, the girl is a bit complicated if u wanna know my opinion. Or maybe, I’m just worried about watching my friends getting married while I’m heading down on the Spinster Highway.

Just to go on with some drama, I dreamt of Nicolas last night. What can I say about him? Papa told me “To stay out of trouble, when you find your man, make sure he’s for real” and I know he’s not. Mama told me not to mess with sorrow, but I always did, and Lord, I still do, I keep breaking the rules. I still feel the heat and the taste of the kissing, shattered by the rain. Cut it off DDgirl! All I want is to see him craving for me. Sorry people, I might be a dork, but the guy deserves it!

Eventually, in November I’ll go to a seminary in Barcelona, with most of European juniors of my company, plus one of my fave ex-coworkers, a manager half from Argentina half from the USA, tooooooo cool. I can’t wait for it, I’m even planning to have my hair dressed in braids as I usually keep it in summer…

No comments: