Friday, November 17, 2006

The boy is mine

The boy is mine
November 17, 2006

Yesterday night it was this year’s Beaujolais Nouveau Time. As living in this town means being Beaujolais addicted (and anyway, wherever you may go in the world, who dislikes it??), everybody was out in the streets yesterday night, and the fact that we passed from last week’s -4° to yesterday night +20° didn’t hurt either.

Nath had called me in the afternoon and she looked a bit depressed, so we decided to go out when Killer Smile (who happens to be Nath’s best friend) called to ask us to join him and his friends to taste the new Beaujolais. We agreed and decided to ask Maria to join us as well, so soon we arrived downtown. The streets were crowded with people partying and laughing, and the three of us were really high.
When we arrived to our rendez-vous, it turned out that KS’s “friends from work” were his brother in law (nice guy, I had already met him) and two foreign girls, one of which was a striking blond from Eastern Europe. Who was clearly flirting with KS.

Now, as everyone knows, not only I’m a drama queen, but I’m also deadly jealous.
I started making things clear by French-kissing KS to say him hello. Introductions were made, and I decided to try to act decently, so I started to talk to Maria to catch up with her gossip news. Eastern slut evidently had not got my hint, as she went on flirting as if I wasn’t there. However, as my 2006 motto is “No More Drama”, I decided not to freak out in public. Maria realized I needed help and, cool as she is, she immediately involved KS in one to one conversation, and switched place with me so that I was next to Eastern slut, and I started to talk to her. She appeared to be glad about it (honestly, KS English ain’t that good), and it avoided further public flirt. I felt quite smart about my strategy, until she told me it was actually the second time she met KS, and she liked him a great deal!!
Too much is too much, so I quickly managed to get to the bar with KS and briefed him about how unpleasant this was. Of course he said it was all in my mind (ok, he’s great, but let’s not forget he’s a guy). I didn’t want to argue, so I let it go, and ten minutes later he was all apologizing and pampering me (in front of Eastern slut).
She left right after, telling me how glad she was of having met and how she hoped we could go out again altogether. I smiled and said enthusiastically “You bet!” (meaning “You bet it won’t happen again”).

We headed home one hour after, me singing “The boy is mine, I’m sorry that you, seem to be confused: he belongs to me!”.
KS definitely gained forgiveness as soon as we got into my bed, and I’m looking forward for tonight job dinner (for which Maria has borrowed me a black mini, that I’ll wear with my brand new stiletto boots)
Stay tuned!!!

No comments: