Friday, November 10, 2006

Roses and white whine

When I was 16, my first love dumped me. After a few months, he came back for good.
For a while I acted like I didn’t want him back, and pretended I had another boyfriend. Then, one night, I was out with Bro and really drunk, when he materialized with 17 red roses, and I surrendered.
I was 16 and dumb, and I remember clearly I thought: “Wow, so that’s how it feels to get roses! And I guess from now on it’ll happen quite regularly”.

I’m in the middle of my twenties, had plenty of boyfriends, good guys, but as much romantic as a brick wall, and I never got roses since. Until Wednesday night.

I went back to town on Wednesday, tired and near to die of starvation, and I wasn’t really motivated to see anyone, but Killer Smile insisted to stop by and say hello, so I said ok.
He arrived with roses, red and white since he knew I love white ones, and a bottle of Chardonnay.
I mean, how lovely is this?!?

The other side is that it’s 10 days since I got more than 4 hours of sleep in one night, as it’s high working season and I’m doing crazy hours.
Yesterday, by the way, we got back to the hotel at 1AM in the morning, straight from work, but we were all feeling quite high, so we decided to wear our swimsuits and go to the swimming pool. We swam, drank beer, joked and teased one each other until 2AM. By the time, my new senior had tried to splash me in the swimming pool, and I had managed to make him loose his balance so we both fell in. Only, he was wearing trousers and shirt and didn’t have anything else to change into, so today he was wearing the same suit

No comments: