Monday, November 13, 2006

Maria's Australian tendencies

Here I am, back at work (still in Nowhere Land by the way), with an awful cold.
Anyway, what deserves to be narrated is the weekend.

On Friday night I had agreed to meet with Killer Smile at his place, as he was hosting his friends for an aperitif. By the time I got there, I had spoken to Maria, who was evidently willing to go dancing, so I persuaded everyone that going to The Ayers Rock was a great idea since my beautiful, single friend would be joining us.
The Ayers Rock is an Australian pub where everyone dances on tables, on rock and revival music, very popular in town. By the way, it’s also where Killer smile and I met.
By the time we got there, around midnight, it was already crowded and smoky, but there was a good ambience. Maria was beautiful in tight jeans and a black top with separate sleeves, while I had chosen a low profile (jeans and playboy pink top).
We danced and drunk, until I realized Maria had an eye on someone, so I invited him to dance on our table, which he immediately did. 20 minutes later the pub closed, and Maria left with her hottie shouting across the pub “Bye baby, I’ll call you tomorrow!”. General laugh.

The way back to KS place was funny although a bit weird: we walked for a while, and then decided to take a bike from the distributors located all around the town. Only, as soon as he got on it, he fell: I didn’t realize he was so drunk! So I took charge of the situation, had him e put in place on the saddle, while I rode all the way! I won’t even try to describe the way everyone we crossed laughed at us!!

Saturday we just hanged around KS bed all morning (and afternoon) until I left to join Maria for shopping and gossip about her night (which was apparently great, but hottie hasn’t called since).
Then we headed towards my place, cooked together and had a lusssssty dinner (diet starts today, ouch!). Sunday we just hanged around the old part of the town, drinking hot whine (to cheer Maria up from hottie being MIA), and then I had KS for dinner.
In all this, I managed to get a flue, so now I’m at work feeling like a shit. Sob!

No comments: