Friday, November 24, 2006

Mourning (WARNING: this post is depressing)

Two nights ago Maria's mom died. It was unexpected and everything happened so fast: she got a call that her mother wasn't doing well in the evening, so I bought her a ticket for the first fly leaving for Italy and she left at 4AM in the morning.
By the time she got there, her mother was already gone, so basically she spent half of the time since at the phone with me crying desperately. Poor Maria..

Of course I'll try to take care of her as soon as she'll be back, but I understand her feelings: guiltiness assaults us expatriates in these cases. Guiltiness because she wasn't there, guiltiness because she couldn't tell her mommy goodbye. In a word, because of what we are: expatriates.

I'll be going to my parents' place as well for the weekend, as The Panther has her birthday, and because it'll be the last time 'till Christmas I'm paying them a visit, I've taken the afternoon from work, to leave a bit earlier than usual.

Getting to happier topics, KS and I had a great night out yesterday, with his collegues and friends. We probably drank a bit too much (both on a headache this morning, hum).
And he asked me to go to live together in January.
'Till next time

No comments: