Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Moving in

I. Am. Moving. I can hardly believe it, but I started today and I need to end before Frieday morning…. Ouch!!!
As far as I can tell, since I left my parents’ house (I was almost 18, and now I’m 24, which makes 6 years, double ouch) I have moved exactly 10 times. Now, I’m going to stay at KS current place for a while (moving number 11) until we find a bigger place for the two of us (moving number 12, forecasted around April).
So, yes, I am really excited to be moving in with KS, but I’m exhausted.
And packing all my crap is not the only reason.

Mid year evaluation meeting was held yesterday at work. As we were not allowed to assist, this is what happened according to Laurent. Lolo, aka my fave manager ever, made the preliminary small talk about me, introducing me as a high quality resource. At this point, the old partner of the whole company, who has been working with Lolo and I in Norway and in the Netherlands, agreed with him. And then Tabbie, aka the most horrible person in the world, cut me off. He said I’ll never be able to progress to a senior level, that I don’t manage French well enough, blab la bla. Only, it’s been more than 9 months since I last worked with him. So how the hell can he say so???

The mediation lead to the most stupid idea I ever heard: in June, they’ll propose me a promotion but only if I agree to move to Paris. Which, in case you were wondering, I’ll NEVER agree to, for about ten thousand reasons.
So now I need to find a solution about this big mess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Refering to previous postings> I think your blogs is great, keap it up... maybe nobody has posted because like me they´re all just too lazy to do it!!!LOL!!!
Paola Nidi

Anonymous said...

Hey.. what happen to you??? cant wait for next post!! Please post soooooooooonnnn!!